Thursday, April 29, 2010

Laotian Clothing

This post is about Laotian Clothing. I was going through my mom's closet, and i found an odd piece of clothing, i asked my mom what it was, she said it was a sarong. I asked her what a sarong was, she said it was basicly a long piece of Laotian designed fabric which you would wrap around your lower body and was sewn on one side. Usually, for your upper body, you would wear a blouse, tanktop or really, any shirt at all.

(This picture is from saodarly.com/.../uploads/2007/07/img_8060.jpg)

In Canada, we wouldn't normally be wearing a piece of fabric wrapped around us, the closest thing we would wear to that would be a skirt. Even though we might think that their clothing is different, if we went to Laos, I think they would think the same.

Sometimes i wonder what other countries in asia wear..........

No comments:

Post a Comment